Welcome to First Christian Church of Colorado Springs
We have a strong commitment to children and youth, we seek to practice “radical hospitality” and to accept folks wherever they are on life’s journey. You’ll never be told what you "have to" believe, and, perhaps most important, everyone is treated with respect and dignity; no one is second-class and all are truly welcome!
We are part of a whole movement of Christians – the Disciples of Christ – who seek to embody true community, deep spirituality, and a passion for justice. Learn more about our movement nationally and internationally at www.disciples.organd more about our "wider church family" in the tri-state Central Rocky Mountain region.
- We're easy to find (Google map) and it's easy to park (map) and you can find us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter too.
- Spend some quiet time meditating on our beautiful outdoor labyrinth
- AUDIO of recent sermons is now available on the sermons page. Or subscribe to this YouTube channel
On Sundays, enter through ANY door; on weekdays, use the north parking lot door.
READ ALL ABOUT FCC's EXCITING CAPITAL CAMPAIGN!
READ SENIOR PASTOR CHUCK BLAISDELL's WORDS ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN
YOU CAN FIND A LIST OF FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ) HERE
Get a copy of the commitment letter/pledge from HERE if you haven't already turned in your pledge/committment
This Weekend at FCC...
Sunday, September 21 - At both the 8:15 and 11:00 a.m. worship services, Sr. Pastor Chuck Blaisdell continues the sermon series, "Words to the Wise: A Series on the Ten Commandments" with a sermon focusing on the troubling words of the second commandment entitled "Idols and Inheritances" Our Chancel Choir will help us worship with their offering of Gustav Holst's "Turn Back, O Man."
News & Upcoming.... (Also check-out the latest weekly "news & information email," normally sent on Thursdays).
- Eat Well and Do Good! September 28, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Eat at the Texas Roadhouse (South 8th location ONLY) present THIS FLYER and 10% of your bill will be donated to FCC's Elders Fund (which the Elders use to help with crisis or urgent needs) You MUST have the flyer with you. The "Restaurant 'Flock' Group" will also be having their monthly outing in conjunction with this event.
- October 5-12, Interfaith Hospitality Network (IHN) Week at FCC. We are in need of volunteers willing to help set up rooms, provide food, make a meal, serve dinner, clean up from the meals, overnight host, or spend time eating with the families. If you would like to participate in this mission to help make it a wonderful experience for the families, please sign up at the Information Desk or email the office.
- Biennial Quilt Show and Sale! Friday, October 17 (11:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.), Saturday, October 18 (9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.) & Sunday, October 19 (8:00 a.m.-2:30 p.m.) Items for sale will include hand-quilted and -tied quilts of various sizes, lap quits, table runners, wall hangings, & other small items. (Lunch will be available for purchase each day). Proceeds from the sale will benefit youth in Colorado, especially the Tennyson Center for Children in Denver, as well as other missions. Whet your appetite with pictures of a few of the quilts for sale HERE!
AND DON'T MISS....
- The SEPTEMBER edition of the church newsletter, The Visitor, is now online.
- UPDATED 9/16/14 Small Group Opportunities! Lots of great fellowship and mission opportunities in lots of new ways!
"We seek to be a congregation where spiritual growth is the norm,
where growing in faith is expected, and that expects and
respects a diversity of opinion.
We will be a community of faith, radical in hospitality, outrageous in generosity
and joyful in service to God and neighbor."
From our "Ministry and Vision" statement
Our partners in ministry:
A Message From our Senior Pastor
17th century French mathematician Blaise Pascal said that every human being has a "God-shaped hole" in the heart that is seeking to be filled. Here at First Christian Church we want to joyfully help you find how God is offering you purpose, meaning, and a connection with something larger than your own life. Check us out!