Welcome to First Christian Church of Colorado Springs
We have a strong commitment to children and youth, we seek to practice “radical hospitality” and to accept folks wherever they are on life’s journey. You’ll never be told what you "have to" believe, and, perhaps most important, everyone is treated with respect and dignity; no one is second-class and all are truly welcome!
We are part of a whole movement of Christians – the Disciples of Christ – who seek to embody true community, deep spirituality, and a passion for justice. Learn more about our movement nationally and internationally at www.disciples.organd more about our "wider church family" in the tri-state Central Rocky Mountain region.
- We're easy to find (Google map) and it's easy to park (map) and you can find us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter too.
- Spend some quiet time meditating on our beautiful outdoor labyrinth
- AUDIO of recent sermons is now available on the sermons page. Or subscribe to this YouTube channel
On Sundays, enter through ANY door; on weekdays, use the north parking lot door.
READ ALL ABOUT FCC's EXCITING CAPITAL CAMPAIGN!
READ SENIOR PASTOR CHUCK BLAISDELL's WORDS ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN
YOU CAN FIND A LIST OF FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ) HERE
Get a copy of the commitment letter/pledge from HERE if you haven't already turned in your pledge/committment
This Weekend at FCC...
Sunday, October 26.
WORSHIP! At both the 8:15 and 11:00 a.m. worship services, Sr. Pastor Chuck Blaisdell returns to the sermon series "Words to the Wise: A Sermon Series on the Ten Commandments" with a sermon entitled "Faith, Fertility, and Family Systems." At the 11:00 a.m. service we will be inspired as we witness three adult baptisms. Our special music is entitled "One Voice" and will be offered by Laura Hatler, Kim Schultz and Nancy Lingbloom, vocalists, and Mike Hatler, guitar.
News & Upcoming.... (Also check-out the latest weekly "news & information email," normally sent on Thursdays
- Sunday, November 2, All Saints Sunday. At both the 8:15 and 11:00 a.m. worship services, we'll remember and give thanks for all those FCC folks (or their spouses, children, or parents) who have died in the last year. The Chancel Choir and Handbells will lead us in a beautiful rendition of "For All the Saints."
AND DON'T MISS....
- The NOVEMBER edition of the church newsletter, The Visitor, is now online.
- UPDATED 10/21/14 Small Group Opportunities! Lots of great fellowship and mission opportunities in lots of new ways!
"We seek to be a congregation where spiritual growth is the norm,
where growing in faith is expected, and that expects and
respects a diversity of opinion.
We will be a community of faith, radical in hospitality, outrageous in generosity
and joyful in service to God and neighbor."
From our "Ministry and Vision" statement
Our partners in ministry:
A Message From our Senior Pastor
17th century French mathematician Blaise Pascal said that every human being has a "God-shaped hole" in the heart that is seeking to be filled. Here at First Christian Church we want to joyfully help you find how God is offering you purpose, meaning, and a connection with something larger than your own life. Check us out!