Welcome to First Christian Church of Colorado Springs
We have a strong commitment to children and youth, we seek to practice “radical hospitality” and to accept folks wherever they are on life’s journey. You’ll never be told what you "have to" believe, and, perhaps most important, everyone is treated with respect and dignity; no one is second-class and all are truly welcome!
We are part of a whole movement of Christians – the Disciples of Christ – who seek to embody true community, deep spirituality, and a passion for justice. Learn more about our movement nationally and internationally at www.disciples.organd more about our "wider church family" in the tri-state Central Rocky Mountain region.
- We're easy to find (Google map) and it's easy to park (map) and you can find us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter too.
- Spend some quiet time meditating on our beautiful outdoor labyrinth
- AUDIO of recent sermons is now available on the sermons page. Or subscribe to this YouTube channel
On Sundays, enter through ANY door; on weekdays, use the north parking lot door.
READ ALL ABOUT FCC's EXCITING CAPITAL CAMPAIGN!
READ SENIOR PASTOR CHUCK BLAISDELL's WORDS ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN
YOU CAN FIND A LIST OF FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ) HERE
Get a copy of the commitment letter/pledge from HERE if you haven't already turned in your pledge/committment
This Weekend at FCC...
Sunday, August 31
Worship at 8:15 and 11:00 a.m. Sr. Pastor Chuck Blaisdell will have a sermon entitled "What Do We Expect From Worship?"
The Young Adult Fellowship will meet for lunch following the 11:00 a.m. worship service.
News & Upcoming.... (Also check-out the latest weekly "news & information email," normally sent on Thursdays).
- Sunday, September 7 -- FALL KICKOFF SUNDAY! Come learn about mission, small group, and mission opportunities (booths will be available with info between worship services); at 10:15 a.m., come to the "Town Hall" in Fellowship Hall to hear an update to Capital Campaign and hailstorm damage repair plans. At both worship services (8:15 and 11:00 a.m.) special musical guests will be The Beatidudes, and we'll commission our Shiprock Mission Trip goers! At 3:00 p.m., come hear an organ recital - works of all kinds and styles - from FCC's organist Carol Wilson.
- Work and Mission Trip to the Navajo Nation, Shiprock, New Mexico! September 17-21. REGISTRATION FORM AVAILABLE HERE. For more information, email Associate Minister for Mission and Stewardship Don Sarton.
AND DON'T MISS....
- The AUGUST edition of the church newsletter, The Visitor, is now online.
- UPDATED 8/24/14 Small Group Opportunities! Lots of great fellowship and mission opportunities in lots of new ways!
"We seek to be a congregation where spiritual growth is the norm,
where growing in faith is expected, and that expects and
respects a diversity of opinion.
We will be a community of faith, radical in hospitality, outrageous in generosity
and joyful in service to God and neighbor."
From our "Ministry and Vision" statement
Our partners in ministry:
A Message From our Senior Pastor
17th century French mathematician Blaise Pascal said that every human being has a "God-shaped hole" in the heart that is seeking to be filled. Here at First Christian Church we want to joyfully help you find how God is offering you purpose, meaning, and a connection with something larger than your own life. Check us out!